Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers!)
O.K., O.K!, After quite a few years of waiting, the time has come to dispel the many rumors and propaganda about life out here at CleanWater Beach, and for once and for all, finally set the record straight for our beach’s fine history.
1. Is the beach now, or was the beach ever, owned or run by “Bikers”? NO. (Of course not) The beach was built on family property in 1960 and was run by my mother and father for the first nine years after opening in 1962. They then passed the business on to me, and I have been running the beach for everyone’s enjoyment ever since…
There was a time in the 1980’s though… My brother Dick (or DAWG!) was the president of a local motorcycle club. He and his friends were out here often, enjoying the “atmosphere” and being with their families. But you know they were always out here whenever our small crew (at the time) needed a little extra help. Thanks Dick, we miss you… He died in a motorcycle accident in 1987, on his was to meet his friends.
Less than 2% of our customers are true “Bikers”… The rest are either cycle enthusiasts or just ordinary fun-loving people like you and I.
2. Has the Beach ever been closed due
to e-coli? NO. In the
year 2000 the news media used our historical name, "
3. Is the Water Clean and Swimable? YES. Each year we take test samples to the County Health
Department and we have always been one of the cleanest swimming beaches in the
4. Why were you closed in 2001 and
2004? In 2001, we
had to refinance due to the loss income and business caused by the news media
use of our name (see #2 above). In 2004, we closed due to the continued slow
business in 2003 and the property was sold to a developer. In 2005, I had
re-opened because the real estate deal had fallen through. So, I refinanced
again, changed the name to
5. How has it been going? In 2005 we increased business by 30% over 2003, but still have a long way to go to regain sustainability. We need to continue this growth pace if we are to reach the number of members we had during the 1990’s.
6. Is the property still for sale? YES. Even though
7. How much longer will the Beach stay Open? It is partially up to you. As long as I can do well financially I will try to keep it Open. For the most part, I enjoy running the Beach and look forward each summer to seeing each of you and meeting new people. Realistically though, it will probably be sold sometime in the next 1 to 5 years. The better the Beach does business-wise, the less incentive I have to sell. So, come often and bring friends.
Hope this Helps!